Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Focus

Focus.

Laser-like focus.

Gotta get some.

Distractions are all too common. Whenever you think you've got a course laid down pat, something is bound to come up to try and derail you. Last night, I was sick and still needed to recover from Monday's training session, but I made the poor decision to stay up late and do nothing of real importance. I paid for it this morning with a lot of grogginess, lethargy, and soreness.

I feel so hypocritical sometimes because one day I'll be talking about how I need to dial in all the little things in order to maximize my performance, but then the next I'll be off course and distracted by little stupid things.

Constant effort. It's gotta be a constant effort to perfect and master the mundane details, no matter how irrelevant they seem at the time.

I guess I've just got to keep trying to maintain my long term perspective. After all, what's one night of staying up late playing video games compared to competing on a world championship stage?

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment