Sunday, February 16, 2014

Passion and Beginnings

Have you ever had a deep passion for something? A vision so strong that it just BURNS in your heart and mind on a daily basis?

I believe God has given me a passion for helping people and growing stronger. I'm not the biggest, strongest, or most knowledgeable person in the strength training business. I was most certainly NOT blessed with great genetics. I have never been the kid that people picked out to be an athlete, but I do have a heart for pursuing excellence and learning as much as I possibly can. 

A little background on me:
I have a fairly varied but not that deep of an athletic background. I have done twelve years of Taekwondo, three years of wrestling, a year of swimming, two years of cheerleading, and a year of powerlifting. Right now I'm still a cheerleader and powerlifter and I'm getting started in Muay Thai. My athletic priorities right now are as follows: powerlifting, Muay Thai, and cheerleading. I will not hesitate to say I am passionate about all those sports, but there is just something about the allure of heavy weights that gives me goosebumps. I really feel God has put me on this earth to help people through the pursuit of strength. 

I'm not here to tell you what the perfect training plan looks like or to somehow insist that what I do is the best way. Rather, I want this blog to be a way for me to share my journey to become stronger with anyone who wants to hear it. My passion is to help those who are not blessed with great athletic genetics reach goals that they thought were impossible and to help them grow stronger in ALL areas of life. 

Part of me wonders whether anyone will even care if I share this journey, but I know that if I can help or inspire even just one kid or one person to be better then I know it'll be worth it. 

(Training program details to come starting tomorrow. Stay tuned folks.)

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment