Friday, February 21, 2014

Training Log: 2/21/14

Today was intensity day for Texas Method. I worked up to a 5RM on squats, 1RM on bench, and did some cleans.

Texas Method C1W1D3:
Squat 1x5 320 lbs(PR)
Bench 1x1 275 lbs(PR)
Clean 5x3 205 lbs

I missed the last rep on the last two sets of cleans, but other than that, this workout was insanely good! The squats went up well (apart from my 4th, which had a little bit of early hip rise). I did not expect to hit my 1RM of 275 today, to be completely honest. However, I was able to grind through and get it up. When I post the video, you'll hear the great noise I made and see just how happy I was that I hit it.
Bench was my major concern coming into this program because my horizontal pressing is probably my weakest movement pattern. Hitting this rep was a much needed boost and got me excited for the rest of this program. Hopefully I'll be able to break 300 by the end of the 12 week cycle!

Video of my last squat set and my max bench will be up by the end of this weekend.

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment