Friday, February 21, 2014

Solitude

As I write this, there is no one else in my suite. All my friends are either out of town, doing work, or hanging out somewhere else on campus. It's honestly a disconcerting feeling. Despite being a more introverted person, most times I feel weird being alone. I much prefer the quiet company of a few of my close friends. Earlier tonight I came from crushing a sweet training session in the gym and was ready to spend all night chilling with the people closest to me. I can't sleep. I'm not tired. Oh well.

I've read and heard before that solitude is a great opportunity to learn and read and improve. I agree with that, but there are those times when human companionship is just necessary. No denying it.

The journey of strength and the journey of life are not meant to be traveled alone. You will always need others to stand with you, walk with you, rejoice with you, and mourn with you.

Sometimes, though, you've just gotta go a short distance up that mountain all by your lonesome.

Stay Strong,
JB


No comments:

Post a Comment