Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Training Log: 2/19/14

A common misconception about powerlifters is that we're angry all the time. In reality, for me, the best training happens when my mind is clear and I am just focused. Honestly sometimes I feel like a Jedi master and I can just systematically pound through my workout. For the most part, that's what today was. It was a light recovery day, so nothing really killed me. However, I don't normally do back extensions, so the lower back pump I had after those were done was INSANE. 10/10 would recommend. Hopefully they'll help address my core weakness so I can finally get my squat over 4 plates. 

Texas Method C1W1D2:
Squat 2x5 230 lbs
Press 3x5 110 lbs
BB Row 2x5 165 lbs
Back Ext 5x10 45 lbs
Chin ups 3xfailure (10, 9, 9) bodyweight

I added the barbell rows before the prescribed accessory work because through my research I've seen that one of the major criticisms of the Texas Method is the lack of upper back work. I didn't go crazy either. Just a couple of sets with moderate weight to get the blood flowing. Overall, this was a great training session and it got me energized for the rest of today.

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment