Monday, February 24, 2014

Training Log: 2/24/14

Texas Method C1W2D1:
Squat 5x5 295 lbs
OHP 5x5 120 lbs
Deadlift 1x5 350 lbs

Volume kills, man. By set 5 of my squats, I was showing some really sloppy form, but I was able to push through and hit every rep through a full range of motion. My eyes were bloodshot by the end of it all and I probably looked like a deranged Sith Lord, but, oh well.

I was super tired today. I did not get enough sleep over the weekend due to a lot of factors like weather change and stress. Today was just weird. It was a good day for the most part, but I just felt really off for most of it. I definitely felt much better after the workout though. There's something about heavy deadlifts that just feels magical.

Tangent Warning: Also, feelings are stupid sometimes. Squats and deadlifts may try and break you, but they'll never send your emotions into a turmoil like women will. Gah. Women. That's all I have to say about that.

Keep grinding, and may your squats always feel light.

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment