Saturday, February 22, 2014

Training Log 2/22/14

At some point, you become advanced enough where following a program straight from the template is not the best thing to do. At that point, you have to know where your own weaknesses are and attack them and avoid burning yourself out as well.

I've known for a while that my back is my weakest link, so I took today to do some moderate accessory work. Of course I DO NOT want to burn myself out, especially in the first week of a new program. BUT, if I neglect my upper back, I'll be leaving pounds on the bar when it's competition time.

Texas Method C1W1D4:
Barbell Row 2x5 175 lbs
Good Morning 2x5 205 lbs
Power Shrug 2x5 385 lbs
Chin Ups 2x5 45 lbs

Everything except the power shrugs were kept to a moderate weight. I admit I got a little excited and went for some decently heavy shrugs. I would say the effort those took would be an 8.5/10. Everything else, the intensity was more like a 7/10, which is what I was going for.

I have got to make sure I get enough food, stretch out well, and get a solid sleep tonight if I want to be ready for volume day again on Monday. Hopefully that will work out well and I can continue to work back accessories on Saturdays.

Attack your weaknesses.

Stay Strong,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment